Learn how to access the labour market in Waterloo Region through research, networking, resume and cover letter targeting, and career planning.
This four-day seminar runs from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM Monday through Thursday.
Register now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1- What is my experience and how can I help a Canadian Company?
- What do Canadian companies want?
- My professional accomplishments
Day 2 - Can I do this job where I live?
- Understanding job postings
- Understanding my job in a Canadian context
- Which companies are located in my city?
Day 3- Who do I need to meet?
- Creating a 30-second commercial
- Information interviews
- Social media
- Building my network
Day 4- Getting ready to job search
- Resume Formats
- Connecting research to my resume
- References and recommendations
Post-Workshop - 1:1 coaching (by appointment)
- Review my research
- Discuss my occupation decisions and goals
- Discuss barriers to my success and suggestions to overcome barriers
- Discuss who I need to meet
Follow-Up – 3 months after the workshop
- Review action plans, assist with job search needs; refer to additional resources if needed